Relevance Shading Mineral Powder


Relevance Shading Mineral Powder 1600yen
I talked about this Japanese drugstore makeup brand "Relevance" before (HERE) and I liked their Eye-bag Highlight Tip so I was pretty excited when they sent me this new product.


It's shading / contour powder which you can also use as bronzer. I had never used this kind of product because I didn't know which colour to choose. I was always interested because almost all beauty bloggers talk about contouring and bronzing.


There is only one shade called "Shade Brown". It contains collagen, hyaluronic acid and scualane for the moisturising purpose. It comes with this horsehair brush which is very soft and pretty good quality.



On the back of the plastic packaging, it shows you how to contour your face and some other ideas to use this product. Look what it's suggesting. It suggests you to apply this powder in between your boobs to make them look bigger. And another thing which made me say "what?" is the last one saying "Create healthy and bronzed look by applying it all over your face" and look at the picture, you never want to look like that.


I swatched it with my finger (middle), contour brush from Real Techniques (left) and the horsehair brush which came with this powder. Actually the horsehair brush isn't too bad at all when it comes to applying the powder on the exact areas. It's not harsh on my skin and it applies the powder evenly. The colour matches my skin tone and doesn't show up orangey. 



It's subtle but definitely does make a difference. It doesn't have shimmer which makes it perfect for contour. I might use it as bronzer as well, of course I'm not going to apply it all over my face but to the points where sun naturally hits, and add some shimmery blusher and highlighter to give more summery effect. I don't get tanned even in summer but that doesn't mean I want to look pale!

What's your favourite product for contouring and bronzing? And what's your favourite highlight? I'm on the hunt for it so let me know what your favourite product is!