Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation


Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation £5.99
When Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation came out in the UK, I was not that interested because I thought it would make my face cakey and emphasise dry patches that appears in winter. But after hearing all the good reviews, I couldn't resist by to try it.

Because it's not sold here in Japan, it was hard to pick a shade. I would like to thank those kind ladies who helped me to find the right shade on Instagram, without their help I wouldn't be able to.




The shade I got is 100 Ivory. I usually use Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in 52 Vanilla, and I am in between MAC NC 20 and 25. Ivory is not the best colour match to my skin because it's a little bit too pinky actually, but it's definitely wearable.

The texture is moussy as the name suggests, but very creamy at the same time. You need a tiny bit to cover the whole face, but make sure your skin is well-moisturised. It covers the pores on my cheek, redness around my nose, and even out the skin tone. I use my fingers to apply the foundation, and once it's blended out I use my Real Techniques sponge to make sure there is no harsh line. I have tried to use it with the buffing brush as well but it didn't look as nice.



It gives a matte finish for sure, but I have to say that it won't stay matte for so long. I have dry skin in winter that transforms into oily skin especially around my cheeks in summer. My skin looks a little shiny after a couple of hours even in this colder season with this foundation, which means it might be not "matte" enough for my skin in summer. But the good thing is that it doesn't stay too matte and the dewiness comes through after a while, which makes it look natural, not like a porcelain doll.



This is definitely a good matte foundation for dry skin. For oily skin, it could be a little bit heavy. I wish they had more yellowy toned shade, because most of the shades look pretty pinky. It's not a full coverage foundation but definitely buildable. 

Have you tried this foundation? What did you think?