Don't buy them! Disappointing Products

Today I'm going to talk about some products that disappointed me. They all are new launches that just came out in early 2015. I hope you find it helpful!


Rimmel Maginal Stay Lip Coat  1200yen

Let's talk about Japanese Rimmel first, shall we? If you see a Rimmel stand in Japan, stay away from it. Well, I have one lipstick that I like from Japanese Rimmel, but most of their products are rubbish. They are completely different from the original Rimmel that I love, that I even wish they didn't call the brand Rimmel in the first place.

This product just came out in the end of Feb, and I got to try it out last month. It's basically a top coat for your lips, that makes your lip stick lasts for a long time. There are several reasons I dislike this product. 

First of all, it feels disgusting. It's basically a silicone primer kind of formula that feels a little oily and slippery. I applied it on top of my lipstick without dragging it, and voila! It made my lipstick look so patchy! And it instantly changed the texture of the lipstick. On top of a glossy lipstick, it makes it look like a patchy semi-matte lipstick. On top of a matte lipstick, it makes it look a little shiny (oily, in other words). It changes the colour of the lipstick as well...it makes any lipsticks look so dull. Do not waste your money on it, it's so rubbish that I cannot even cope.


SUGAO AirFit CC Cream Pink Bright  1380yen

I always wanted to try out SUGAO. Their original CC Cream was a big hit and everyone and their dog was raving about it. I tested it out at the drugstores a few times, but I always put it back in the shelf because it didn't look that attractive. Then the opportunity came, when they launched the brand new Pink Bright version in March. I was given this tube to review, and I was very excited to finally be able to try it out.

But it just wasn't for me. If you have perfect skin that doesn't have any discolouration or pores, then you might like it. But if you have that kind of perfect skin, I don't see why you would need a CC cream anyway. This moussey-textured CC cream just disappears. You cannot even tell, on which part of your face you put this cream. It literally disappears, whilst leaving a stinky sunscreen smell on the skin. It doesn't prevent my skin to get shiny throughout the day, it doesn't cover my pores, it doesn't even out the skin tone....what does it do then? Absolutely nothing.


But the weird thing is that there are people raving about it. I am not sure if they are being honest, or they feel like they have to say that because the product was given for free. Either way, I do not recommend it at all if you are looking for a proper C cream.



Rimmel CC Powder Airy Finish 002  2000yen 

Surprise surprise, another Rimmel product! This CC Powder just came out on 1st April along with CC cream. I tried the CC cream too but the shade didn't match at all -it made me look like an orange. Yes I'm talking about the fruit- so I cannot tell whether it's a good product or not. 

I had high hope for this powder because it looked pretty. The puff is so thick and soft, which alone made me happy. The one I got is 002 shiny, and there is another one 001 natural, apparently. I was worried that 002 shiny contains chunky glitters, but it didn't seem to have any glitters really, and the powder itself didn't look shiny at all.


What it claims to do is that the powder contains oil, squalane and hyaluronic acid which keep moisturising your skin throughout the day while covering the imperfection of the skin.


When I tried it for the first time, it applied beautifully which impressed me. The powder seemed very creamy and didn't dry out my skin at all. And it did something opposite instead. You guess it right, it made my face look like I dipped my face into a bowl full of oil. It was disgusting how greasy my face looked! I had never looked that shiny in my life, it was awful. It might work on really really dry skin, but does not work on dehydrated skin because it wouldn't hydrate the skin but put oily surface on top.

I'm not sure if 001 natural makes the face this greasy as well, or just 002 is shiny as the name suggests...but I can say that I do not recommend 002 shiny.

I hope it was helpful!