Exclusive in Asia? L'Oreal Lucent Magique Cushion Foundation


L'Oreal Lucent Magique Cushion Foundation  3,200yen
L'oread just came out with their version of Korean Cushion Foundation in Japan. It's already sold in Hong Kong and Thailand I suppose, and might be coming to other countries soon considering the fact this kind of foundation is getting more and more popular over there.

The case and refill come separately. The case is 1,000yen, and the refill is 2,200yen. Meaning once you've used it up, you can repurchase the foundation for 2,200yen which isn't too bad. The shade I've got is N2, which is the lighter shade out of two and another is N3.


You can see how liquidy the texture is, but the puff controls the wetness of it by absorbing the excess water (or whatever it is making it liquidy). It evens out the skin tone when applied on the skin by the cushiony puff, but it has very little coverage that you definitely need a concealer if you have blemishes or dark circles. I don't personally think this is a downside because I don't want my foundation to cover literally everything that I don't even need a little bit of concealer. That would be a scary look as if I am wearing a 'face mask made with foundation'.  Foundation is to even out the complexion, not to mask everything.

If you have dry skin, you will like the finish of it because it makes your skin look naturally healthy and dewy. If you have oily to combination skin like me, you might find it a little too shiny even if you set it with a powder.


This foundation is for those who have normal to dry skin, have no concerns and troubles with it that a foundation isn't even needed -but want something to even out the skin tone to make it look slightly better than bare skin. It also has SPF29 PA+++ which is perfect for a daily use.

Cushion foundation gives this beautiful and natural glow to the skin without making it look heavy and cakey. The texture is pretty unique that you might need some time to get use to -I was like 'EW!' when I tried for the first time because it feels cold and wet, which in't necessarily a pleasant feeling. But I definitely recommend it to younger people in their twenties, including my younger self at the age of 18.