FLOWFUSHI The Eyelash Serum


FLOWFUSHI The Eyelash Serum 1,200yen

Have you heard of FLOWFUSHI? Maybe not. Then, have you heard of Mote Mascara? You probably have! FLOWFUSHI, a company well-known by their hit product ranges such as Mote Mascara and Mote Liner, came out with a new product on 1st October; an eyelash serum. It contains 'End Mineral' which claims to encourage the eyelashes to grow stronger. You can use it as an eyelash serum and eye cream all in one, which sounds pretty convenient.


As you can see, the packaging is a little unusual for an eyelash serum because it does't have an applicator. It does look like an eye cream (imagine Midnight Botanical Eye from Kiehl's) and also look hygienic. The metallic design looks pretty nice as well in my opinion.


You are supposed to apply a tiny bit on the eyelid, lash line and under the eyes if you wish to use it as an eye cream. The tube will last you 3-4 months according to the official website. You can also use the lid to massage your eye area to stimulate your blood flow to reduce puffiness and dark circles, which I haven't tried yet.

The texture is very silicone-y which is far from moisturising feel of an eye cream. I don't think this is moisturising at all, and I won't use it as an eye cream. However, I sometimes apply it on top of my daily eye cream to make the surface silky smooth so that the concealer stays put.

At night, I close my eyes and apply it on my eyes which takes about 3 seconds. But it makes my eyes itchy when I apply it that way, though it doesn't irritate my skin when applied on under the eyes. I heard the ingredients aren't as harsh as normal eyelash serums out there, but something seems to irritate my eyes. It doesn't make them look red or swollen, it just makes them itchy and uncomfortable. I have stopped using it as a serum, but only as a daytime eye cream. You don't want to apply anything that you might have allergy to around your eyes, so choose your eyelash serum wisely!


It doesn't contain silicone, oil, paraben, alcohol, artificial colouring or fragrance, mineral oil and gluten. Though it doesn't contain silicone, it contains polymer instead which works in a similar way. In addition to that, it contains many different types of peptide as well as hyaluronic acid.

I usually use much stronger eyelash serums such as Rapidlash and Revitalash, and they don't irritate my skin or eyes at all. I have never thought myself having sensitive skin, meaning this eyelash serum in particular did not agree with my skin. The idea and the packaging are very attractive, it's unfortunately I cannot keep using it!