Visée Lash Volume Mania Mascara in Burgundy


Visée Lash Volume Mania Mascara in Burgundy 1,400yen
It's actually a while ago, but a popular drugstore makeup brand Visée launched the winter collection includes glittery face powder called Innocent Veil Powder and some limited shades of lipstick and eyeshadow palette. But the only product attracted me was this mascara. They brought out two limited shades of the mascara, one is navy blue and another is burgundy. As I am a warm-tone kind of girl, I picked up burgundy.

Before I start my review on this mascara, I must tell you one thing -I am not a big fan of Japanese mascara. Most of Japanese mascaras have fibres that tend to make your lashes wonky, and most likely pretty wet that stick the lashes together which makes you look like you only have 5 lashes each eye. For that reason I gravitate towards western mascaras. The only Japanese mascaras that separate my lashes are Integrate Matsuiku Girls' Lash Otemba Curl and Heroin Make Long & Curl Mascara Super Water Proof. But for some reason, Japanese people LOVE this kind of formula -both Mote Mascara and Dejavu Mascara, the best-selling mascaras in Japan, stick the lashes together.


So bear that in mind that it might just be my personal preference, but I am not a huge fan of this mascara though the shade is gorgeous! The brush is a traditional mascara brush which looked promising when I had a look at the store, that gave me confidence that the mascara would be separating. However, it instantly sticks the lashes and even a little comb wouldn't help to separate them.


Though it's called 'Volume Maniac', I don't find it volumising at all. It makes my lashes look longer, but definitely not voluminous. However, I LOVE the colour of this mascara -not bold that you can wear on your top and bottom lashes on a daily basis, but gives a little something to the whole look. It's truly a shame that the texture isn't my favourite, because the shade is absolutely gorgeous. I tend to wear it on my bottom lashes only, and use a different mascara on my top lashes (my favourite mascara at the moment is Better Than Sex Mascara Waterproof).

I am glad to try out this mascara, but still wish the formula was a little different! Do you like coloured mascara? Let me know on Twitter or Instagram!